Puff Pastry Apple Turnovers
“I had a package of puff pastry in my freezer and mentioned to a friend that I’d like to make apple turnovers,” notes Coleen Cavallaro of Oak Hill, New York. “She shared a recipe that I adapted for the puff pastry. These turnovers were a big hit on my first try!”
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; add apples
- and toss to coat. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry
- sheet into a 12-in. square. Cut each into four squares.
- Spoon 1/2 cup apple mixture into the center of each square; fold
- diagonally in half and press edges to seal. Place on a parchment
- paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, sugar and cinnamon; brush over
- pastry. Bake at 400° for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 416 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium,