Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus with Raspberry Sauce
What a delightful way to kick off a summer party! This upscale asparagus appetizer will make guests feel like you fussed. With only four ingredients, it's incredibly easy and oh-so yummy. —Noelle Myers, Grand Forks, North Dakota
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Cut prosciutto slices in half. Wrap a prosciutto piece around each
- asparagus spear; secure ends with toothpicks. Moisten a paper towel
- with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill
- Grill asparagus, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until
- prosciutto is crisp, turning once. Discard toothpicks.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave jam and vinegar on high for
- 15-20 seconds or until jam is melted. Serve with asparagus. Yield:
- 16 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 asparagus spear with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 50 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.