Prosciutto & Pine Nut Bruschetta
Prosciutto, Parmesan and pine nuts tastefully top French bread slices in these hand-held appetizers. Make the topping the day before, then the next day, spread on bread and broil.
Taste of Home Test Kitchen
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped pine nuts, toasted
- 6 thin slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Minced fresh parsley or chives
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cheese and garlic powder. Stir
- in pine nuts and prosciutto. Spread over one side of each bread
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes
- or until golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 116 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon