Pronto Taco Soup
When out-of-state friends dropped by, I invited them to stay for dinner, knowing that I could put together this mild, chili-flavored soup in a jiffy. I served it with cornmeal muffins and a crisp salad for a filling meal everyone loved. My guests even asked for the recipe before leaving!
-Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and garlic until meat is
- not longer pink; drain. Add the broth, tomatoes, picante sauce,
- pasta, green pepper, chili powder and parsley. Bring to a boil,
- stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is
- tender. Garnish with cheese and tortilla chips. Yield: 8 servings (2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 172 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 492 mg sodium,