Pronto Potato Soup
The recipe will warm you up on any cool, fall day.Elaine Rutschke, Spruce View, Alberta
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, diced
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 to 2-2/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In small skillet, brown bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted
- spoon to paper towels to drain. Add onion to drippings and saute 2-3
- minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine cold mashed potatoes and soup
- until blended. Add milk gradually until mixture reaches desired
- consistency, stirring constantly. Add reserved bacon and onions.
- Stir in the parsley, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 3-4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 297 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 1,361 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.