Pretzel Fruit Pizza
"I created this recipe while working as an independent kitchen consultant for a national company," writes Bethany Perry of South Hamilton, Massachusetts. "With just 3 years experience cooking for my husband and our children, I still consider myself a novice."
8 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 3 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 cups cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 7 to 8 cups assorted fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix crushed pretzels and
- sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press
- into a 14-in. pizza pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a
- wire rack; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix milk, lime juice and lime peel. Fold in whipped
- topping; spread over crust. Refrigerate until cold. Just before
- serving, top with fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 760 calories, 38 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 100 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.