- high until stiff peaks form. Fold a fourth of the egg whites into
- batter; fold in remaining whites.
- Spoon into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 28-32 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly
- touched. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks
- to cool completely.
- For filling, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar and extract in a
- chilled large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold in reserved
- pineapple. Split each cake layer in half horizontally. Spread about
- 3/4 cup filling between each layer; spread remaining filling over
- the top. Sprinkle with almonds. Store in the refrigerator. Yield:
- 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 402 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.