Pretty Pepper Salad
“This terrific salad goes great with grilled chicken or ribs. Peppers come in all different colors and varieties-try using your favorite.” -Colette Gerow, Raytown, Missouri
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into rings
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into rings
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into rings
- 1 medium red onion, cut into rings
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the peppers, onion, artichokes and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over pepper
- mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Serve with a slotted
- spoon. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 113 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.