Pretty Peach Soup
"A delightful change of pace, this cool, fruity soup is always the hit of a dinner party," remarks Laura Stoltzfus of New Holland, Pennsylvania.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup peach nectar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar, optional
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Place raspberries in a blender; cover and process until blended.
- Strain and discard seeds. Cover and refrigerate puree. Place peaches
- and lemon juice in the blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; stir in the nectar, yogurt, sugar if desired and
- extract. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
- To garnish as shown in the photo, drizzle 1 tablespoon raspberry
- puree in a 3 in. circle on top of each serving. Use a toothpick to
- draw six lines toward the center of circle, forming a flower. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with fat-free yogurt) equals 129 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk.