Pretty Peach Jam
"This has been a favorite jam in my family for as long as I can remember," relates Theresa Beckman of Inwood, Iowa. "It's a delicious medley of fruits, including peaches, cherries, pineapple and orange."
104 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 8 medium peaches, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 small unpeeled navel orange, cut into wedges
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 12 maraschino cherries
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 2 packages (1-3/4 ounces each) powdered fruit pectin
- 10 cups sugar
- In a blender or food processor, cover and process fruits and cherry
- juice in batches until smooth. Transfer to a large kettle; stir in
- pectin and bring to a rolling boil over high heat, stirring
- frequently. Add sugar and return to a rolling boil. Boil for 2
- minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat. Pour into jars or plastic containers. Cover and
- let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 1 year. Yield: 13
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 88 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.