Pretty Party Punch
"This sparkling punch has been a lifesaver for many last-minute showers, parties and get-togethers, because it’s quick and inexpensive,” says Kelly Wilson of Bloomington, Indiana. “You can use any flavor soft drink mix for a different flavor and color, but black cherry is my favorite. For a lighter version, replace the sugar and soft drink mix with sugar-free Kool-Aid, and substitute diet soda as
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 envelopes unsweetened black cherry Kool-Aid mix
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 2 liters ginger ale, chilled
- In a small bowl, stir the sugar, Kool-Aid mix and hot water until
- sugar is dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Just before serving,
- combine the soft drink mixture, lemon-lime soda and ginger ale in a
- large punch bowl. Yield: 16 servings (about 4 quarts).