When the temperature and humidity rise, this easy, breezy pasta is just the ticket to help you play it cool. —Debbie Verdini, Yardley, Pennsylvania
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 cups julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet over medium heat, cook the spinach, peppers and garlic in
- oil until spinach is wilted .
- Drain linguine; toss with spinach mixture, olives, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 170 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.