Presto Chicken Tacos
Slowly cooking the chicken with the seasonings is the key to perfection with this dish. The chicken mixture also makes a great salad topping. —Nanette Hilton, Las Vegas, Nevada
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, fresh cilantro leaves, sour cream and cubed California Avocado
- In a Dutch oven, brown chicken in oil in batches. Add garlic; cook 1
- minute longer. Add the tomatoes, cumin and chili powder. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Fill each tortilla with about 1/2 cup chicken mixture. Serve with
- toppings of your choice. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 taco (calculated without toppings) equals 215 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a