- Grease and flour two 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Line bottoms of pans
- with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. In another large
- bowl, whisk the eggs, sweet potatoes, oil, water and extract. Stir
- into dry ingredients just until moistened; fold in pecans.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or
- until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for
- 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Carefully peel
- off waxed paper.
- For topping, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn
- syrup, butter and vanilla. Cook and stir over medium heat until
- butter is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans. Pour over
- loaves. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 286 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.