These ribs are guaranteed pleasers at potlucks. I always bring home an empty dish. —Sheri Kirkman, Lancaster, New York
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 35 min.
- 6 pounds pork spareribs
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place with the meaty side up on
- racks in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover tightly with
- foil. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove racks; drain and return ribs to pans. Combine the remaining
- ingredients; pour over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes or
- until sauce coats ribs, basting occasionally. Ribs can also be
- grilled over medium-hot heat for the last 35 minutes instead of
- baking. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 551 calories, 32 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 1,065 mg sodium,