I've found that these mini meatballs make a hearty, "can't-miss" appetizer year round. They are always well-received at a potluck,and the only "utensil" I need to supply is toothpicks. They also make a good entree over noodles.
More Potluck Appetizers »
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. In a large
- skillet, brown meatballs in batches; drain.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine cornstarch and
- consomme until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring to
- loosen browned bits from pan. Boil for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over the meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40
- minutes or until no longer pink. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 3 meatballs with sauce equals 117 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.