Potatoes with Mushrooms 'n' Peas
Tamara Hanson of Big Lake, Minnesota loves this "remarkably easy dish" she prepares in her microwave, especially in summer. The buttery flavor and tender veggies make this the perfect side dish to virtually any entree.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the potatoes, butter, salt
- and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Stir in mushrooms and peas; cover and cook 2-3 minutes
- longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 158 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.