These oniony potato cups are a nice switch from the usual side dishes. I sometimes add cheese to the cups for a tasty twist. Either way, they're savory and satisfying. I use green onions when I want a bit more color.Cheryl Norwood, Canton, Georgia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pepper to taste
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cut onion in half widthwise; remove ends and outside skin. Separate
- onion into layers; select six to fit lightly greased muffin cups.
- Finely dice remaining onion; place in a bowl. Add hash browns and
- bouillon. Soon into onion cups; dot with butter. Bake at 375°
- for 18-20 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with pepper and parsley
- if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 62 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.