Potato Shrimp Chowder
With only three ingredients, this chowder couldn’t be any simpler! “I like recipes that get me out of the kitchen in a flash,” says Martha Castille of Opelousas, Louisiana. “I often serve this dish with crackers or hot bread and a green salad.”
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (11 ounces) cream of potato soup mix
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large saucepan, prepare soup mix according to package
- directions, adding the mixed vegetables. Stir in shrimp; cook 5-6
- minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Bear Creek creamy potato soup mix.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 143 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.