I made this potato salad recipe when I worked in a small hospital. It was served in the cafeteria and to patients that were on diabetic, AHA and regular diets. —Dorothy Bayes, Sardis, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until
- tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, onion and relish. In a
- small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, celery seed and
- pepper. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Top with eggs and sprinkle with
- paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 163 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 582 mg sodium,