I give this recipe out often. It's suitable for any meal, so it's a great use of left-over potatoes. From experience, I can recommend Potato Puffs to mothers of young childrenwhen our four youngsters were growing up, I would often fix these to go with their sandwiches. They're good alongside hamburger and a salad, too.
My husband and I have lived on the same farm ever since we were marri
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or chives
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks. Add potatoes, Parmesan cheese, parsley,
- onion and garlic powder; mix well. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold
- into the potato mixture. Brush eight muffin cups or small ramekins
- generously with melted butter. Divided potato mixture into cups.
- Brush remaining butter over potatoes. Bake at 375° for 30-35
- minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 106 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.