- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, parsley, water, salt and pepper. In a
- 10-in. skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter; add half of the egg
- mixture. Cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting
- uncooked portion flow underneath. Continue cooking until set. Slide
- omelet onto a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining butter and egg
- mixture to make a second omelet.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over prepared pastry. Top with one omelet and
- half of the potato mixture. Layer with ham and the remaining potato
- mixture, cheese, omelet and puff pastry. Trim pastry to fit dish;
- seal and flute edges.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and water; brush over pastry. Bake at
- 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10
- minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 628 calories, 40 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 253 mg cholesterol, 946 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer