Our state is, of course, synonymous with potatoes, so it should come as no surprise that my recipe features good ol' Idaho spuds. This is a meal in itself.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes (2 pounds)
- 1 cup grated broccoli stems
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Sour cream, optional
- Bake potatoes in the oven or microwave until done. In a skillet,
- saute the next six ingredients in butter for 5 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender. Serve over hot potatoes. Top with sour cream
- if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with margarine and low-fat ham and without sour cream) equals 340 calories, 14 g fat (0 saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 865 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat, 1 meat, 1 vegetable.