- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, toss potato slices with oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange slices onto the bottom and sides of an 11-in. x 7-in. baking
- dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes
- or until potato is tender. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook
- chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove from skillet. In the
- same skillet, saute onion in butter. Stir in flour until blended;
- gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in
- vegetables, seasonings and chicken. Spoon into potato crust.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over chicken mixture. Bake,
- uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden
- brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 340 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.