Potato Corn Casserole
According to my husband, potatoes are the best food there is! He loves them in a variety of dishes. This comforting casserole is quickly prepared in the microwave. --Elsie Dahl, Tower, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Crumble beef into a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with
- salt and pepper. Layer with onion, potatoes and corn. Dot with
- butter. Cover and microwave on high for 9-10 minutes; stir.
- Cover and heat 7-9 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and
- potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 400 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.