Potato Chip Cookies
If you like a sweet-and-salty treat, this cookie is perfect! They quickly bake to a crispy, golden brown...and they disappear even faster! —Monna Lu Bauer, Lexington, Kentucky
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in potato chips and butterscotch
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake
- at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1
- minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 123 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.