I'm lucky enough to have two daughters-in-law who are really great cooks. They have given me lots of recipes including this one! I always take this casserole to potluck dinners.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 5 to 6 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 24 saltine crackers, crushed (about 1 cup)
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, pimientos, green
- pepper, milk, salt, pepper and cheese. Mix thoroughly; transfer to a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with crackers. Drizzle
- with remaining butter. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Yield: 10-12
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 248 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 552 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.