Potato Brunch Medley
THIS is a nice departure from the customary hash browns for breakfast or brunch…a colorful, tasty combination of vegetables, it’s a compatible side dish to eggs prepared in anyone’s favorite way.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute potato in butter for 8 minutes. Add the
- green pepper, onion and apple; cook 6-8 minutes longer or until
- potato begins to brown.
- Add the water, brown sugar, salt and pepper; cook and stir until
- blended and heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 216 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 656 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.