THE potatoes in this recipe make these biscuits tender and moist.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder,
- baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the potatoes,
- buttermilk, butter and honey; stir into dry ingredients just until
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll
- out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit
- cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 6 biscuits.
Nutrition Facts: 1 biscuit equals 123 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,