Port Wine Cranberry Sauce
This crimson-colored sauce has just the right amount of tartness to complement poultry, pork and game.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup port wine or grape juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and wine or grape
- juice. Cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or just until the
- berries begin to pop. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth;
- stir into cranberry mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until the berries pop
- and sauce is thickened. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup equals 155 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.