Your family will "squeal" with delight when they see the rolls for their sandwiches. Just add your favorite sandwich fixings!Rhodes Bake-N-Serv, Jenna Jackson, Salt Lake City, Utah
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 8 frozen Texas rolls (2 ounces each), thawed
- 4 raisins
- 1 egg, beaten
- For each sandwich, press two rolls together and flatten into a 5-in.
- circle for the head. Place on a greased baking sheet. Form two rolls
- into 4-in. x 3-in. rectangles; cut in half diagonally to make two
- triangles. Referring to photo above, press short side of triangles
- into top of head and fold over for ears. Cut remaining rolls into
- four pieces; form two pieces into teardrops. Cut and shape to form
- hooves (see Fig. 4); position under head. Roll third piece into a
- 6-in. rope for the tail; place between ears. Form last piece into a
- flat circle for the snout. Cut out nostrils with a drinking straw
- and position on face. Add raisins for eyes. Cover with plastic wrap
- that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Let rise in a warm place
- until doubled, about 30 minutes. Widen nostrils again with the
- straw. Brush with egg. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until
- golden brown. Cool. Slice horizontally; fill with the choice of
- sandwich ingredients. Yield: 2 sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 637 calories, 13 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 752 mg sodium, 112 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.