Pork with Spanish Rice
I make this Spanish rice dish whenever I have leftover pork. It's perfect for two people. We like to eat it on a corn tortilla or with a salad. —Rebecca Hodges, Huntsville, Alabama
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked Apricot Pork Tenderloin
- In a small saucepan, saute rice in oil until lightly browned. Add the
- broth, water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 40-45 minutes or until rice is tender. Add pork; heat
- through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-3/4 cups equals 408 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.