- thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, saute onion
- in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Uncover; simmer
- 25-30 minutes longer or until quinces are tender and liquid is
- thickened. Discard bay leaf.
- Let pork stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with compote.
- Yield: 6 servings (1-1/2 cups compote).
Nutrition Facts: 4 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup compote equals 274 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 677 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.