Pork and Onion Kabobs
A sweet and savory marinade brings out the best in pork, as these grilled kabobs prove. They're a super summer supper, easy to prepare and fun to serve to company. The pork is so tasty grilled with onion wedges.
-Mary Lou Wayman, Salt Lake City, Utah
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium onions, cut into 1-inch wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Remove half for
- basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large
- resealable plastic bag. Add the pork; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers,
- alternately thread pork and onions.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes; turn. Baste with
- reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 10-15 minutes or
- until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.