Pork and Corn Casserole
A satisfying supper includes this casserole fresh from the oven, a garden salad and buttermilk biscuits. It's a winner every time!Karen Sesto, South Portland, Maine
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 7 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile in a
- large skillet, cook pork and green pepper over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, corn, soup, pimientos, cheese
- and pork mixture.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine bread
- crumbs and butter; sprinkle over noodle mixture. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 cups) equals 455 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 915 mg sodium,