Pork and Cabbage Supper
THIS all-in-one dish makes a meal with great flavor. It's perfect if you're cooking for one or two, but the ingredients can be multiplied to serve a larger number.
My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me years ago. Quick and easy to prepare, it has been one of our family's favorites.
-Tina Brown, Chico, California
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- In an ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; remove and
- set aside. To drippings, add sour and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Return chops to skillet; add cabbage. Cover and bake at 350° for
- 50-60 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 287 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 1,399 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.