- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; rub over pork.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- For glaze, in a large saucepan, combine the broth, brown sugar,
- molasses, vinegar and seasonings. Stir in orange and figs. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 15-18 minutes or until figs are tender. Stir
- in water; cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover and process
- until smooth.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork in oil on all sides. Spread
- with half of fig-orange glaze. Place pork on a rack in a shallow
- roasting pan lined with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads
- 145°, basting occasionally with remaining glaze. Let meat stand
- for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork equals 233 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.