Pork Roast with Tangy Sauce
Everyday dinners are considered a hit in our home when I plan them around this hearty roast. The juicy meat and pleasant sauce are delectable together. And the pork looks so festive with its fruity glaze.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour 40 min. + standing
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 rolled boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, salt and garlic
- salt; rub over roast. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow
- roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours.
- In a saucepan, combine the jelly, ketchup, vinegar and remaining
- chili powder. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until the jelly is
- melted and mixture is smooth. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2
- Brush 1/4 cup jelly mixture over roast. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or
- until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove roast to a serving
- platter; let stand for 10-15 minutes. Skim fat from pan drippings.
- Stir in remaining jelly mixture; heat through. Slice roast and serve
- with sauce. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 253 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 454 mg sodium,