- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, cornmeal and
- lemon peel. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork in oil in
- batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove and
- keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the broth, pomegranate juice, brown
- sugar, garlic and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 5 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cold water until
- smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with pork and wild rice.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 pork slices with 3/4 cup rice and 1/4 cup sauce equals 425 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.