Some good friends fixed Pork Marsala for us once and it has been a favorite ever since! It's the perfect pair with a loaf of crusty garlic bread. —Connie Miller, Olathe, Kansas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces linguine
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup marsala wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked pork tenderloin, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender. Add garlic;
- cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the wine, tomato paste, salt and pepper until blended. Add
- pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes
- or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Drain linguine;
- serve with pork mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup pork mixture with 1 cup linguine equals 562 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein.