- saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 15 minutes or until almost tender. Drain; cool
- slightly. Cut potatoes into quarters; arrange around roast.
- Bake 45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and
- potatoes are tender, basting potatoes with drippings occasionally.
- Remove potatoes; keep warm. Cover roast and let stand for 15 minutes
- before carving.
- For gravy, pour drippings and loosened browned bits into a measuring
- cup. Skim fat, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Add water and
- broth to reserved drippings; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute
- onions and mushrooms in butter and oil until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth mixture. Bring
- to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in
- parsley and pepper. Serve with roast and potatoes. Yield: 8-10
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (5 ounces) equals 392 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.