- Drizzle half the butter mixture into apple cavities. Fill apples
- with yam mixture; garnish with remaining almonds. Place apples
- around roast or in separate baking dish, timing so that apples will
- bake 45-60 minutes and be done at the same time as the roast. Baste
- apple occasionally with remaining butter mixture. To serve, arrange
- roast and stuffed apples on heated platter. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 442 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 472 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer