Pork Cutlet Saute
Begin with Judy Garvin's pork dish which she prepares from her kitchen in Long Beach, CA. The mushrooms and velvety sauce make every bite special, and the recipe makes plenty of sauce to go around.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or additional beef broth
- In a shallow bowl, combine 1 tablespoon flour, sage and pepper. Coat
- pork chops with flour mixture. In a skillet, cook chops in oil and
- butter over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until
- juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms for 2 minutes. Place remaining
- flour in a small bowl. Whisk in broth and sherry or additional broth
- until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Return pork to the pan;
- heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 342 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 503 mg sodium,