Pork Chops with Tomatoes and Peppers
My mother created delicious dishes based on whatever was in the refrigerator or on the shelf. This recipe is one she tried and kept, and it became our traditional Sunday dinner. She increased the ingredients proportionately to the number of people she invited after church...usually all the aunts, uncles and cousins.
-Esther Lux, Lead, South Dakota
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 thin onion slices
- 4 thin green pepper rings
- 4 thin fresh tomato slices
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Additional pepper
- In a skillet, brown pork chops in butter on each side. Season with
- salt and pepper. Layer with onion, green pepper and tomato. Sprinkle
- with basil, thyme and additional pepper. Reduce heat; cover and cook
- for 20 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.