Pork Chops with Pears
Pear slices make a satisfying alternative to apples in this down-home pork chop dish. Dress up the easy entree even further by adding a hint of brown sugar for sweetness. —Kathy Stooksbury, Aiken, South Carolina
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves
- 6 bone-in pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Drain pears, reserving the juice; cut pears into slices and set
- aside. In a large skillet, brown the pork chops in butter. Transfer
- to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and reserved pear
- juice. Pour over chops; top with pear slices.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.