Pork Chops with Blackberry Sauce
Quick, easy and oh-so-good! Try these tender chops any busy weeknight or weekend.
Priscilla Gilbert – Indian Harbour Beach, FL
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon A.1. steak sauce
- Broil chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the spreadable fruit,
- ketchup, garlic and mustard. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and
- steak sauce until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork
- chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 261 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.