Pork Chops with Apples
These moist tender chops get delicious flavor from Dijon mustard, onions and apple slices. Or try replacing the apples with pineapple rings for an appealing variation. I like to serve mashed sweet potatoes with this main course, along with a simple salad.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4-inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large green apple, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large red apple, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on each side. Season with
- salt and pepper; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute
- onions and apple wedges until crisp-tender.
- Combine mustard and brown sugar; brush over chops. Return to the
- skillet; cook for 4 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 226 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 504 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as