Pork Chops 'n' Pierogies
"This meal-n-one dish is a different way to use pierogies," says Greta Igl of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 frozen potato and onion pierogies
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Cook pierogies according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle
- pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a
- large skillet, cook chops in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat
- until juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter for 3 minutes.
- Add apple; saute until almost tender. Stir in the sugar, vinegar,
- and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain pierogies. Add pork chops and
- pierogies to skillet; stir to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 each) equals 730 calories, 33 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 154 mg cholesterol, 1,207 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 36 g protein.