Pork Chop Supper
You'll love the succulent taste of this slow-cooked meal shared by Pamela Shank of Parkersburg, West Virginia. A tangy kick of sauerkraut will leave you smacking your lips.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- In a small nonstick skillet, brown chops in oil. Meanwhile, place the
- sweet potato, onion and apple in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and pepper; sprinkle
- over the top. Layer with pork chops and sauerkraut.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop with 2 cups potato mixture equals 377 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,094 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 30 g protein.