Pork Chop Suey
I make this fast recipe often for weekday dinners. There are never any leftovers when this is the featured fare.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 55 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds pork chop suey meat
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice or mashed potatoes
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil. Add onion and saute
- for 10 minutes. Add water, celery, mushrooms, bouillon and ginger;
- cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth; stir into skillet and
- simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 248 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,130 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.